Odlewnia Metali Kolorowych Kowala Spółka Jawna with its registered office in Ustroń at ul. Daszyńskiego 70a, acting as the Data Controller notifies that since 25 May 2018 new regulations concerning personal data protection are in force, i.e. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – GDPR and the Personal Data Protection Act (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000).
Protection and security of data of our employees, customers and contractors is the highest priority for the Company.
Proper exercise of the data subjects’ rights is a key task for us. According to Article 5 of the GDPR, personal data processing is carried out in accordance with the principles:
- legitimacy – personal data is processed in compliance with all requirements of the law, including in particular the possession of one of the grounds for processing referred to in Articles 6 and 9 of the GDPR;
- reliability – the data is processed in accordance with the law at every stage of the processing;
- transparency – the nature of personal data processing operations performed by the data controller must be clear to the data subjects;
- purpose limitation – the data is collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a way incompatible with the purposes it was collected for;
- data minimisation – the data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary to achieve the purposes it is processed for;
- correctness – the data is correct and updated when necessary. The controller shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data which is inaccurate in view of the purposes of its processing is deleted or rectified immediately;
- storage restrictions – the data shall be kept in a form which permits identification of the data subject for no longer than is necessary for the purposes the data is processed for;
- integrity and confidentiality – the data is processed in such a manner to ensure its proper security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage, by means of appropriate technical or organisational measures;
- accountability – the Data Controller is responsible for compliance with the GDPR regulations and must be able to demonstrate the compliance.
In connection with the personal data processing by the Data Controller pursuant to the GDPR, you are entitled to:
- the right of access to personal data (including the right to obtain a copy of the data),
- the right to limit personal data processing,
- the right of personal data rectification,
- the right to delete personal data (“the right to be forgotten”),
- the right to transfer data to another controller,
- the right to object to the data processing,
- the right to withdraw consent if the controller processes your personal data based on consent at any time and in any way,
- the right to complain to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office if, in your opinion, the personal data processing violates the GDPR regulations.
The Data Controller collects personal data of natural persons within the scope of its activity, including from:
- employees and co-workers,
- clients and other business contacts,
- our suppliers or recipients, clients and other business contacts,
- persons who contact us in any way (including job applicants).
The Company, as the Data Controller collects personal data which you voluntarily disclose to us:
- by contacting us,
- by placing an order with us,
- by visiting our headquarters,
- providing us with your contact details via business card or in any other way, including by automatic means – information contained in cookies*)
The Data Controller may collect your personal information such as name, gender, position, photographic identification, email address, telephone number, home or business address, and other contact information, details of your interests, communications with you (including phone or meeting notes).
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- providing you with product information and meeting your product requests,
- answering your questions,
- promotion and marketing,
- sending e-mails,
- communication with you and third parties,
- ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations,
- other business objectives, including negotiating, concluding and executing agreements, and recording and accounting thereof.
Based on the available technical and organizational security measures, we protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or use, accidental loss and unauthorized access, unauthorized modification or disclosure.
We store your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes set out above or for the term of legal obligations imposed on the Data Controller (e.g. data of contractors resulting from contracts in progress are stored for up to six years and personal data of former employees for a period of ten years after termination of employment). The term may vary depending on your contact with us. If there is no reasonable need to store your data, it shall be deleted.
The regulations on the protection of personal data grant certain rights to natural persons with regard to the personal data concerning them which are held by the Data Controller. If, for instance, you would like to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you or request that we correct, delete or limit the processing of your Personal Data, please send us a written request to the Data Controller's address.
The correctness and timeliness of the information and data held by the Administrator is very important to us. Inaccurate or incomplete information may affect our communications with you.
The website uses session cookies – these are temporary and are stored until a user leaves the website (by entering another website, logging out or switching off the browser).
Please note that most browsers are set by default to accept the cookies storage on the terminal device. Changes to the settings on your web browser may restrict access to certain features of the website. Cookies used by the service (placed on the user’s terminal device) may be made available to its partners. Information about the Internet browser settings can be found in its menu (help) or on the website of publisher.